Genesis & Growth

        The Library came into being with the establishment of PSG Polytechnic in the year 1926 and further expanded with the genesis of PSG College of Technology in the year 1956.

        With the recurring grants from the Government, Generous Management contribution and by the special interest taken by Dr.G.R.Damodaran, the Library is built up and is being equipped steadily and systematically.

        Various Developmental Stages of the Library

Period Area Capacity Size
1926 - 1939 PSG Industrial Institute Single Room 850 sqft
1939 - 1951 "C" Block 2 Rooms 1,500 sqft
1951 - 1989 "A" Block 2 Halls 8,000 sqft
2004 Onwards Library Block 4 Floors 51,240 sqft

 

       

            Realizing the importance of the Library, PSG Management has dedicated a New Library Building with 4 floors. The seating capacity of the new library is 600 users at a time.

            On January 21st, 2004 the Modern New building was inaugurated by our beloved Managing Trustee Thiru V. Rajan.

            The library currently holds resources nearly to 2 lakhs.